This multi-storey building – built in late Baroque style around 1800 – was previously a granary. Its frontage as it is today gives also evidence of its former function. It was used as a barn in the 1920s and 1930s by the renowned corn merchants Danneberg J. and Weisz who founded their company in 1846. The two-storey building has 4-2-4 window axes; it is decorated with a tympanum above the two window axes in the middle. The low windows are stone-framed. The portal with Baroque stone frame and its original iron door can be found on the ground floor between the two windows in the middle. This building was previously important in respect of the appearance of the town; today it is looked upon as a historic building. Exhibitions of fine arts are held on the first floor of the building, which have been the premises of György Thúry Museum since 2014, at regular intervals.
Its hall on the ground floor is suitable for holding events and conferences in addition to exhibitions.
Source: Kanizsai enciklopédia[Kanizsa Encyclopaedia] B.Z. Lapkiadó Kft. 1999