Built in Eclectic style in 1874, the building was meant to be used as the summer cottage and mansion of Mária Krausz. Owing to its owner between 1941 and 1952, it has become generally known as the Lázár Villa. It is a one-storied building, with a wide frontage divided into three parts. The two lateral slightly projecting parts of the building look like a pavilion. A flight of stairs with balustrade leads upward to the entrance in the middle. This slightly lower central part is broken through three large arched openings, with the entrance in the middle. Each lateral part – ending in a tympanum on top – is dissected by three windows, the upper sections of which are straight, crowned with boldly designed drip-stones. Its external formal details were designed in Neoclassical style; its interior was designed in accordance with the purpose of the building. After its renovation, it was run as a gallery – as a branch establishment of Sándor Hevesi Cultural Centre – from 1997 onwards. Keeping its role, it has been another establishment of György Thúry Museum since 2014.
A permanent exhibition of the paintings by István Z. Soós, Elizabeth Sass Brunner and Elizabeth Brunner can be visited in its neatly designed rooms.
Source: Kanizsai enciklopédia [Kanizsa Encyclopaedia] B.Z. Lapkiadó Kft. 1999